Role title: Process Manager
We have grown through partnership and collaboration with the best customers but it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do. Our values - Dedicated, Ambitious, Curious, Entrepreneurial, and Resilient - summarise the ways that we think as an organisation and the way we behave as individuals. Our people work like partners helping partners, focusing on shared agendas and agreed goals. We now have just under 5000 highly skilled and dedicated employees in 17 production facilities around the globe with £1814 m annual turnover.
And we are now looking for and experienced Process Manager who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture to be the conduit between product development and the site manufacturing team and ensure feasibility is well informed on factory capability and set up and to ensure the manufacturing team is ready and equipped to produce as per the customer need.
As a Process Manager your role responsibilities will include:
- Support the NPD Manager and Concept team in the delivery of NPD and EPD projects
- Work closely with experts across the business to develop new products that efficiently scale up to the factory
- Plan and manage factory trials and complete trial reports for new products and EPD both at our own development and manufacturing sites and at suppliers R&D facilities
- Assist production teams in developing and maintaining cost effective production processes
- Consult with third party experts such as Campden BRI, Leatherhead Food Research and Universities to find solutions to technical development problems
- Assist the Process Improvement Manager and Product Quality Manager in any trial work they require on packaging, primal or process development
- Support financing in costing for NPD and EPD by collecting and passing on trial data
- Carry our shelf life testing, cooking validations, send samples for micro & nutritional testing
- Present to internal and external customers as appropriate eg Technical Handovers
- Establish effective working relationships with the customer, suppliers and all internal departments.
- Good working knowledge of all plant machinery, capabilities and programmable information.
To succeed as a Process Manager we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
Previous experience of working in a fast paced environment
Passion about improving process and efficiency
Understanding of process and process improvement with a grasp of CI tools and techniques
Ability to keep track of a large portfolio/pipeline of projects
A problem solver attitude, driven to improve the current status, not just optimise it
Good communication skills and relationship building skills with an ability to influence parties to come together for a common goal
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.