Multiskilled Engineer - Day OR Night Shift available
Role title: Multiskilled Engineer
Salary: up to 48,000
We have grown through partnership and collaboration with the best customers but it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do. Our values - Dedicated, Ambitious, Curious, Entrepreneurial, and Resilient - summarise the ways that we think as an organisation and the way we behave as individuals. Our people work like partners helping partners, focusing on shared agendas and agreed goals. We now have just under 5000 highly skilled and dedicated employees in 17 production facilities around the globe with £1814 m annual turnover.
And we are now looking for and experienced Multiskilled Engineer who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture to provide Engineering support to all factory areas to ensure that all breakdown, PPM and improvement work is carried out to required standards.
This role will suit an experienced Multiskilled Engineer who ideally served a recognized apprenticeship to ONC/HNC level or an equivalent standard with a proven track record in electrical control (PLCs, contactors, relays, safety ccts etc.) Mechancial and electrical bias considered! If this sounds like you go ahead and apply!!!
As a Multiskilled Engineer some of the responsibilities will include:
- To diagnose all faults and carry out remedial action to required standards.
- To propose improvements to all equipment in order to improve reliability and efficiency.
- To attend PIT meeting on lines to drive an increase in OEE working hand in hand with the production teams.
- To dismantle and re-assemble all production equipment in a timely manner.
- To complete the job report sheets for all work undertaken.
- To complete breakdown reports on all work undertaken.
- To ensure that parts used are booked out of the stores department in the correct format.
- To assist in the installation and commissioning of new equipment as necessary.
- To contribute to any special projects that may be required.
- To work in conjunction with contractors as necessary.
- To adhere to all required hygiene and health and safety rules.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Fabrication works across the business.
To succeed as an Multiskilled Engineer we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Good mechanical and /or electrical knowledge
- Experience of working in a food environment would be beneficial
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.