Multi Skilled Engineer
Purpose of the position
To provide Engineering support to all factory areas to ensure that all breakdown, PPM and improvement work is carried out to required standards.
Professional skills (Required education and work experience)
Must have served a recognised apprenticeship to ONC/HNC level or an equivalent standard with a proven track record in electrical control (PLCs, contactors, relays, safety CCTS etc.) Mechanical and electrical bias considered but must have skills within both areas.
- Good mechanical knowledge.
- Experience of working in a food environment is essential.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- To diagnose all faults and carry out remedial action to required standards.
- To propose improvements to all equipment in order to improve reliability and efficiency.
- To attend PIT meeting on lines to drive an increase in OEE working hand in hand with the production teams.
- To dismantle and re-assemble all production equipment in a timely manner.
- To complete the job report sheets for all work undertaken.
- To complete breakdown reports on all work undertaken.
- To ensure that parts used are booked out of the stores department in the correct format.
- To assist in the installation and commissioning of new equipment as necessary.
- To contribute to any special projects that may be required.
- To work in conjunction with contractors as necessary.
- To adhere to all required hygiene and health and safety rules.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Fabrication works across the business.
- Ensure the culture of continuous improvement is maintained and developed throughout the factory.
- Support the company’s risk management strategy.
Health & Safety
- Be familiar with and confirm to the company’s Health and Safety Program.
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and observe all safety rules.
- Do not endanger yourself or others by your actions or omissions.
- Use appropriate protective clothing, safety equipment and safety devices at all times.
- Report all accidents/injuries and near misses immediately.
- Follow all instructions given by any person with a responsibility for health and safety.
- Keep your place of work in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Report all hazards / non-conformances / substandard conditions as observed and make representations for improvements to the safety representative.
Salary: circa 40k
If you are interested, please submit your CV and covering letter to email to: [email protected] quoting the job title.