Purpose of the position
Daily operations of a designated production line/team within the Production Hall.
- With respect to Production metrics, ensure support is given to the Shift Manager/Production Manager as follows.
- Efficiencies: Through the PIT process, record and escalate any issues affecting line/team performance to the Team Leader and carry out the agreed actions in order to correct any losses.
- Giveaways: Using Omega reports, product giveaways should be reviewed and any issues affecting giveaways escalated to the Team Leader.
- Waste: Support the investigation/action on any non-conforming processes/products in order to reduce waste and ensure that Batch Yield is on target.
- Labour costs: Be aware of the labour cost of the designated production line/team and support the Team Leader/Production Manager in efforts to improve this labour cost.
- Through effective planning and management of unplanned events on the designated production line/team, ensure 100% DOT is targeted.
- Customer Complaints: Deviations from quality should be actioned in order to minimise the risk of customer complaints.
- Ensure any issues regarding CCPs are highlighted immediately to Shift Manager and QA team.
- Escalate any product quality deviation to Shift Manager.
- Manage the daily production function of the line/team, particularly any planned or unplanned changes and non-standard work including:
- Escalating any issues to the Team Leader/Production Manager to ensure any constraints on production/teamwork are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring all information relating to their production line/team is received and can be communicated to the relevant parties.
- Ensuring that Full Traceability is achieved for every batch of product through accurate documentation.
- Reporting any issues constraining production/teamwork.
- Escalating any issues that require support in order to address at the PIT meeting or other forums.
- Supporting the Team Leader/Production Manager in the implementation and improvement of procedures and processes to ensure required standards of work are met.
- Assisting the Team Leader/Production Manager in progressing the teams development needs through cross-training and continuous assessment of training needs.
- Providing supporting evidence to Shift Manager for all team appraisals.
- Providing recommendations to training function for all line operators.
- Ensuring effective lines of communications are in place between the Production Line/Team under the Line Leader’s supervision and the Team Leader/Production Manager.
Daily personnel management including:
- Liaising with the Team Leader on personnel issues and staffing requirements.
- Monitoring staff performance and escalating of any poor/under performance.
- Positive motivation of reporting staff.
- Proactively engaging the Team Leader/Production Manager with ideas for personal development.
- Ensure all Omega information is correct.
- Ensure all product/batch is cleared from the end of line prior to the start of the next product/batch.
- Ensure the culture of continuous improvement is maintained and developed throughout the factory.
- Support the company’s risk management strategy.
All CVs and covering letters to be sent to email to: [email protected]