Role title: H&S Manager/ Health and Safety Manager
We have grown through partnership and collaboration with the best customers but it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do. Our values - Dedicated, Ambitious, Curious, Entrepreneurial, and Resilient - summarise the ways that we think as an organisation and the way we behave as individuals. Our people work like partners helping partners, focusing on shared agendas and agreed goals. We now have just under 5000 highly skilled and dedicated employees in 17 production facilities around the globe with £1814 m annual turnover.
And we are now looking for and experienced H&S Manager who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture to assist the business in its undertaking and offer practical advice on the measures which need to be undertaken to comply with the requirements and prohibitions imposed upon the business due to any statutory provisions laid down for the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors or any persons who may be affected by the business acts or omissions.
As a H&S Manager your role responsibilities will be:
- To develop, implement, monitor and review health and safety strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices in line with company Safety Framework
- To ensure the provision of clear, consistent, relevant and timely health, safety and welfare advice, guidance and operational support on all health and safety matters
- To promote a positive health and safety culture and improve health and safety performance in HF-UK
- To respond to any safety concerns raised by employees, managers, safety representatives, visitors, contractors or members of the public
- To liaise with the Health and Safety Executive and any other 3rd Party on all matters pertaining to health and safety in HF-UK
- To manage and further develop the safety management system
- To assist in the identification of training needs for employees, develop and deliver training as required
- To support managers in the carrying out of risk assessments where required
- To ensure a workable communication framework is in place to facilitate the flow of health and safety information throughout the company
- To undertake audits and to carry out workplace inspections to proactively identify where health & safety practices may be improved
- To investigate, or where appropriate, support managers in the investigation into circumstances or causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent reoccurrence
- To analyse accident, incident and hazard reporting statistics and recommend intervention strategies
- Prepare health and safety reports and statistical performance data as required
- Take account of and ensure that all policies and procedures are compatible with current health and safety legislation
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with all departments at all levels
- Take an active role in any company projects or initiatives which will improve health and safety
- Active engagement with the factory floor to achieve relevant legislative or company safety standards
- Commitment to resolving health safety issues through communication and practical means
To succeed as a H&S Manager we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Previous experience / exposure in FMCG within the food industry desirable
- Working knowledge and understanding of incident investigation (best practice)
- Experience and exposure in overseeing CDM type projects.
- Experience of managing and overseeing an Occupational Health provision covering Health Surveillance, Management Referrals, and pro-active interaction at factory floor level.
- Experience with insurance and claims management.
- Interaction and liaising with HSE / Authorities, Fire etc
- Minimum of Nebosh General Certificate in Health & Safety, ideally working towards Nebosh Diploma (or equivalent).
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and hectic environment.
- Encourages team working and works proactively with other departments.
- Is innovative in their approach to H&S.
- Acts with fairness and consistency.
- Leads with integrity and by example.
- Drives performance in all areas, sets clear objectives and confronts others in a clear, open and constructive manner.
- Works to high standards and promotes the same.
- Creates a performance culture where effective performance and continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Is able to travel.
- Effective communicator with the ability to influence at all levels within the business
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.