Role title: Despatch Operative
Salary: £10.08 per hour
We’re proud to be working with a real market leader in food production. They have 5000 highly skilled and dedicated employees working across 17 production facilities around the globe who all work together to make our client the global force that it is today.
We are looking for a Despatch Operative to join our fantastic and hardworking team on a full time, permanent basis.
As part our team you will ensure the continuous flow of materials to the business, ensuring that the correct stock is delivered to the correct area.
What we're looking for in our Despatch Operative:
- Will have a good level of written and spoken English to follow instructions correctly
- Good numerical skills
- A Counterbalance or Electric / Hand Pallet truck license (Valid RTITB / ITTSAR license) is desirable however full training can be given to the right candidate
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- You must be a team player who can also work unsupervised to get the job done
As a Despatch Operative your responsibilities will include:
- To Maintain continuous supply of goods to production areas
- General manual handling and lifting duties as required
- Operating Forklift Truck & or pallet trucks (including electric hand pallet truck)
- To record, by scan and written log, all goods moved
- To check that all crates and packaging are of the highest standard of hygiene
- Clears up spillages and contaminated packaging in a timely manner
- Completion of stock documentation / paperwork and checking of delivery notes
- Reporting any issues to your Team leader/supervisor
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.