Role title: Applications Manager
Salary: depending on experience
Location: Huntingdon or Grimsby
We have grown through partnership and collaboration with the best customers but it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do. Our values - Dedicated, Ambitious, Curious, Entrepreneurial, and Resilient - summarise the ways that we think as an organisation and the way we behave as individuals. Our people work like partners helping partners, focusing on shared agendas and agreed goals. We now have just under 5000 highly skilled and dedicated employees in 17 production facilities around the globe with £1814 m annual turnover.
And we are now looking for and experienced Applications Manager who wants to lead on the development and delivery of business application support and drive the evolution of the application portfolio and its constituent parts in our business
This role will suit an experienced Applications Manager but also someone looking to progress into the role who is looking to join a business that will offer a long term career and massive progression opportunities!
The Applications Manager is responsible for both operational and business applications, reporting directly to the Head of IT (UK) with functional report to Group Head of Applications.
As an Applications Manager some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Delivering an effective, high performing and resilient application landscape and support service to other key teams within regional IT team.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement in process, structure and technical platforms.
- Promote use of IT systems to support increase of operational and financial efficiency of the company
- Cooperate with Regional/Group functions (Infrastructure, PMO, Transformation, Service Delivery) in efforts to implement and improve standard Hilton IT solutions
- Maintaining good cooperation and communication between business users and IT team
- Provide clear information on performance, challenges, project progress and support to regional IT management team and regional Head of IT.
- Regular reviews of Business Analysis around application suite, to ensure Business and IT alignment.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of application knowledge across variety of platforms – example: ERP, CRM, WMS, TMS.
- Provide escalation support to Service Delivery Team for Application based incidents, problems and challenges.
To succeed as an Applications Manager we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Excellent skills in Application implementation, configuration, administration, maintenance and monitoring.
- Ability and proven experience in leading IT teams
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, retail sector will be desirable
- Ability to liaise with other leaders and managers.
- Effective communication skills
- Effective organisational skills
- Proven experience in application management.
- Demonstratable knowledge of major enterprise business software i.e. ERP, WMS, SAP
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to prioritise work in a reactive and proactive environment.
- Understands importance of Security and Standards.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.